Who should apply to O3 – On Our Own?
You may apply and be a candidate for O3 if you meet the following criteria:
- you are between the age of 16-30
- you have a child or children under the age of 5
- you have low income and qualify for government sponsored subsidized housing
- you are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- You have lived in Quebec for 12 months in the past 24 months
- you want to become independent and gain valuable life skills
- you want to provide your family with stability
- you are ready to set some goals for yourself and work actively on attaining them
- you want to be part of a supportive community
- you are able to function in English ( we are the only organization of its kind in Quebec that caters to an English speaking community )
- you are ready to sign a Social Contract which outlines your commitments and responsibilities as a member of the O3 community
- you have consulted the FAQ
Please note that O3 does not accept all applicants. An in-depth selection process is done to determine the candidate’s circumstances and the likelihood of the candidate being successful in the program.
The goal of O3 is to build independence, giving families the ability to go out ‘On Our Own’ to live healthy, productive, stable, secure lives and for the parents to provide the best possible parenting for their children.